Hi there can someone help

Started by Lovedisney2011, October 26, 2011, 10:47:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peaadina

Sorry to hear you had such a bad time. I know what its like to feel like the twinkle is gone... :-x
Our second trip in December 2008 was an unmitigated disaster. ](*,)  I still get angry when I think about it.
The girl who booked us in the the Sequoia lodge dropped the park tickets on her desk but none of us noticed in the moment.
I noticed just as we got to the room when we went back to explain to her she accused us of lying, trying to get extra free tickets, she took my passport and genuinely treated me as a piece of dirt.
When she found them eventually on her desk she didnt apologise. I stood my ground with her but I got no where. Rude rude rude.
I didnt know until the following year, speaking to my travel agent she said she would have dealt with the complaint or that there was even a complaints system, we had mentioned to the concierge etc but when all is said and done you are in France and they're idea of customer service is very different. Attack it seems is the best form of defense...
This set the whole trip off on a bad note and it just didnt improve. Everything  got to me over the 5 days, both me & my husband were so upset that the trip was ruined.

The following year we booked in to the Hotel New York.
We will never set foot in the Sequoia again (*even though its where we stayed on honeymoon)

I think you are right to complain and your letter covers what happened well, but I wouldnt bet it will forever ruin the Disney experience for you.
I have given up queuing for characters as I find French parents tend to push their kids in front regardless & the minders seem to always have something more important to look at over their shoulder...  :x
This is probably no help when you have little people in toe of course. :oops:
All Im saying is I really didnt think I would set foot in the place after 2008 but we have gone back every year since.
The overriding thing for me when I got home was how much the people who had caused the issued didnt realise that this was our only holiday that year, that that year we had scrimped and saved to get there...

I now have lower expectations after this trip going wrong.
Sounds trite Im sure but its worked, I have had a great time every year since. :D

Again, Im really sorry you had such a bad experience.
I hope they apologise.

P
Sequioa Lodge Dec 2007
Sequioa Lodge Dec 2008
Hotel New York Dec 2009
Hotel New York Dec 2010
Hotel New York Dec 2011
Hotel New York Dec 2014
Hotel New York Dec 2015

captain rocket

Every complaint should be treated as an opportunity to promote a positive image about the company and leave you feeling that what upset you is important to Disney no matter how serious or trivial they consider the complaint! I know how frustrating it can be dealing with "customer relations" I had a major issue this year with Disney Cruies Line and because of the dismissive way my serious complaint was dealt with I will never travel with DCL again! it would have been very easy for Disney to make me happy but they seemed to delight in provoking me further and alienating me. Perhaps this sort of attitude is endemic with Disney or perhaps we expect more than Disney can aspire to!!