Where are all the Germans??

Started by mattboywonder, September 20, 2011, 09:19:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

esmeralda

We are just back from Dlp and heard A LOT german every day!  Very different to previous years. May be germans are back??
Julia

Riebi

I had the same feeling this time. Much more germans in the parks. Less spainish people. And much more asians.
Maybe sometime DLP will be again an international park with diffrent languages  ;)
Wer nämlich mit "H" schreibt ist dämlich.

...the DPG is watching U...

ed-uk

Quote from: "Riebi"I had the same feeling this time. Much more germans in the parks. Less spainish people. And much more asians.
Maybe sometime DLP will be again an international park with diffrent languages  ;)

So why more Germans in the parks now, what has changed ?   DLP has always been an international park attracting people from all over Europe, it is Europes most popular tourist destination,  I've noticed more people from Eastern Europe in the parks.
Ed & David

isani

Quote from: "Riebi"Maybe sometime DLP will be again an international park with diffrent languages  ;)

I study linguistics. To me, part of the fun of the park is listening to all the guests and trying to identify where they're from. On my last trip, I spotted a Korean couple, a Russian group and two different Finnish families.

Aladar

I'm not surprised at reading that less spanish people are travelling to Disneyland. The Crisis is sooooo big here in Spain that people are having very modest holidays.

Riebi

Quote from: "ed-uk"
Quote from: "Riebi"I had the same feeling this time. Much more germans in the parks. Less spainish people. And much more asians.

So why more Germans in the parks now, what has changed ?   DLP has always been an international park attracting people from all over Europe, it is Europes most popular tourist destination,  I've noticed more people from Eastern Europe in the parks.

Maybe there are now just less visitors from other countries  :lol:
And I read somewhere that the germans didn´t skip any vacation budget. And they love to do their little short trips.
On the other hand DLP has less visitors from UK and Spain. So maybe we have simply to wait how the percents are after this year.
DLP was in the last 5 years more an UK/E/F park. You had a real problem if you couldn´t say a word in english, spanish or french. My hopes are high, that you will have at the end again the DLP of the first 10 years with CMs from everywhere in europe and with a knowing of diffrent languages as italian, dutch, polish,...and yes german.

ed-uk

Is Disney as popular in Germany as it is in Britain and other parts of Europe, do you have a local Disney store I have two in easy reach of me?
Ed & David

Riebi

Oh Disney is very popular. But Disney is in Munich. And they do here things just around munich and with the munich television companys like Pro 7 / Sat 1 (They even have big Disney Days there with a whole day of Disney and Pixar classics). The other disney city seems to be hamburg for them. Cause there are many "disney families".
For the shop: They closed them in the same time they stopped to have a high quality "Disney Filmparade" or the "Disney Club". Disney in germany means Disney as a movie and television company. Not theme parks and shops. Even if they get much money out of the germans. Cause theme parks and shopping and traveling are things where germans spents a lot of money without any regrets.  :mrgreen:

ed-uk

Oh good Disney is popular in Germany because the question was being asked "Where are all the Germans?" in relation to DLP, and I was just wondering if Disney was popular in Germany, if Disney wasn't popular that would help explain why they haven't been going to DLP in the past.
Ed & David

Riebi

Indeed.

But we simply haven´t any big advertising here. You can see campains from Europa Park, from Efteling, from Port Adventura....but not from DLP. They had big campains in the first 10 years but at the moment most germans even don´t know that there are two parks at DLP.  :(

Aladar

Everyone I know doesn't know that there are two parks in DLP. In fact, they don't even know that WDW has 4 parks and 2 waterparks. And there's more: I know people who have been to DLP and never knew the existence of the Walt Disney Studios Park!!!

ed-uk

I can't understand that,  there are people who have been to DLP and can't work out that there are two parks, they must be stupid.
Ed & David

Aladar

A friend of mine who worked at DLP told me about two british families who spent their 4 day holidays together at the resort and they were all the time at Disney Village, they never found any of the two parks!!! when they reached the Disneyland Hotel, they thought it was the castle and the end of the resort, so they turned back and went to the Disney Village again. On their last day they made a complaint acusing Disney of deceptive advertising, because there were no attractions in the park, only shops and restaurants, and that there were no characters. It's a true story!!!

ed-uk

Quote from: "Aladar"A friend of mine who worked at DLP told me about two british families who spent their 4 day holidays together at the resort and they were all the time at Disney Village, they never found any of the two parks!!! when they reached the Disneyland Hotel, they thought it was the castle and the end of the resort, so they turned back and went to the Disney Village again. On their last day they made a complaint acusing Disney of deceptive advertising, because there were no attractions in the park, only shops and restaurants, and that there were no characters. It's a true story!!!

Well if a CM told you a story like that, it's a joke. Two British families go to DLP for 4 days and they can't find the parks only Disney Village, that's silly. I assume this CM friend of yours is now working in a comedy club.
Ed & David

Aladar

I know, it sounds silly, but my friend says it's totally true!