The Future of Disneyland Paris

Started by dagobert, June 09, 2011, 03:18:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

peter

The thing is, licensing stuff means that they aren't allowed to build a marvel park in USA, and there isn't enough space at any of the other resorts. So dlp is the only place it can be done. I seriously think that building a marvel park could bring in the crowds.

ed-uk

Sounds a little like Islands of Adventure at Universal Studios Orlando, don't they have Marvel Island there. I'm not keen on a whole theme park dedicated to Marvel. I'd prefer something on the lines of Epcot, but i think that might cost EuroDisney  way too much.
Ed & David

gldc

Quote from: "peter"The thing is, licensing stuff means that they aren't allowed to build a marvel park in USA, and there isn't enough space at any of the other resorts. So dlp is the only place it can be done. I seriously think that building a marvel park could bring in the crowds.

Hong Kong Disneyland has mountains of free space - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=utf-8& ... d=0CAQQtgM

And there's only 1 park there. I'm not sure whether that it turning a profit when compared to the shambolic profits (or lack of) at Paris.
DLP Visits: Summer 2003 // April 2011 // Christmas 2011 as a Cast Member // April 2012 // April 2013 // Returning June 2014 to September 2015 as a Cast Member // February 2016

WDW Visits: Summer 2013 as a Cast Member // September 2015
DLR Visits: August 2013 // September 2015

My Cast Member blog - http://www.mepipe.com

peter

but hong kong doesn't have an agreement with the government saying they need to build another park

don't they need to build a third gate in paris by 2017?

Josh

Quote from: "gldc"
Quote from: "peter"The thing is, licensing stuff means that they aren't allowed to build a marvel park in USA, and there isn't enough space at any of the other resorts. So dlp is the only place it can be done. I seriously think that building a marvel park could bring in the crowds.

Hong Kong Disneyland has mountains of free space - http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?oe=utf-8& ... d=0CAQQtgM
That link was to Tokyo Disneyland. ^_^'
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

ed-uk

Quotedon't they need to build a third gate in paris by 2017?

I don't think that EuroDisney have to build a third park by 2017 now, that dated was extended with the French goverment. It's going to be built on the parcel of land over the road from the NPBC, apparently. Some people take the view that EuroDisney wont take up the option in the future, and that a new theme park will never be built. We'll just have to see.
Ed & David

peter

Wasn't it all planned to become the European version of disneyworld? I always heard that eurodisney was imagineers way of fixing the problems of disneyworld. Unfortunately one of the views in the theme park industryis that the only way to get more visitors is too add new things.

All that needs to be done is better advertising and a clean happy park. But who am I?

lil-shawn

It seems that the Future isn´t so bright if you look what just happend... Just read this News...

QuoteThe head of the Walt Disney Co.'s global theme-park division promoted a pair of Central Florida executives Tuesday in a management shakeup triggered by the departure of another senior official.

Walt Disney Parks and Resorts Chairman Tom Staggs appointed Walt Disney World President Meg Crofton to the new post of president of operations in the U.S. and France. Crofton will maintain her current responsibilities as president of Disney's Orlando resort — a position she has held since 2006 — but she will also assume oversight of Disneyland in Anaheim, Calif., and Disneyland Paris.

I don´t know but i don´t have the feeling she did anything good for WDW since 2006 and now she is going to be president of operations here at DLP too...omg..!

So this means that the One Disney initiative is coming to DLP too, wow so there is no need to go to the American Parks when we are getting all the same events ect. We are heading back to the pressler era, be ready for it!!!

Sorry if it dosent fit in here!!

ed-uk

if you're working on the theory that WDW is some kind of flop, which it isn't. WDW is different from DLP because it has four theme parks of course, including DAK and EPCOT and water parks which DLP doesn't have, so there will still be the need to go to America if you want to visit these other parks and experience other events.
Ed & David

lil-shawn

I think you doidn´t  get the point at all... Sure there is a lot to do in WDW it was just about the One Disney Entertainment stuff..

Just on a side note, be happy about every little maintenance they do now, because if she is in charge nothing gets realy done right.. her motto is, if it isn´t broken, don´t fix it. and she will be the boss of mr. gas, so he has to do what she says. Isn´t DLP not enough in trouble, does it needs more? wow i never thought another pressler era will come, but here it is. Many many cut backs, and cost savings. poor poor DLP

ed-uk

No I don't get the point, DLP is undergoing a large maintenance program at the moment, and it's been well reported on this forum. I can't talk about the maintenance at WDW directly because I havent been for awhile. But it's a huge resort and  has been very successful so they must do something right, but it's probably not perfect. And a resort the size of WDW I wouldn't be surprised if there were some issues.
Ed & David

lil-shawn

As i said, we can be happy about all those maintenance right now, if she would have been in charge a few month before you will see the pirate ship in Adventureland rotten away till its gone. We can be sure less new attractions, and lots of more cutbacks when shes going to be president of park operations. Disneyland in Anahmein had so much trouble in the 90´s under the pressler regime, the same goes for WDW and DLP.

If you ever were at DLP in 1992 you would know what the standart for the park can be. After Frank Wells died and pressler got in charge, the parks got worse. Mr. Crofton is a pressler kid, she has the same thinking, Cut Costs as much as you can and aim everything towards kids to get in more revenue. but the Maintenance will just be done if realy needet. The Fantasyland expansion at WDW would not happen if Burbank would not have forced it to Team Disney Orlando, they had no other choice. Also Star Tours 2 at DHS got Forced to them but with heavy Cost Cutting. Don´t think now that DLP is going on the right track now just because of a few renovations going on!!!

I think Davewasbaloo can say much more than i do!!!

ed-uk

If we're talking about EuroDisney the issues are different because EuroDisney wasn't a financial success when it opened in 1992, it lost a lot of money. And I do know about this because I first went to DLP in 1993, I remember the big hole in the ground where SM should be. So EuroDisney doesn't have the same budget to work with that WDC has in America. The Pressler regime is over just look at all the improvements happening at DCA, and the Fantasyland expansion at the MK. And it's Miss Crofton not Mr.
Ed & David

lil-shawn

You realy believe the pressler regime is over, than i have to say you are wrong. Mrs. Crofton learned from Pressler and Weiss, and she is sharing theyre thoughts... Right it wasn´t a financial sucess at that time, but we all know why. Space mountain was never meant to get build in first place! Don´t take this so easy, there is something wrong at Disney Parks an Resorts!

did you know about the rumors that Disney Parks and Resorts are on sale on the stock market? That means The Disney Company don´t want they´re parks anymore!

QuoteThere are some pretty serious rumors on laughingplace that the board of directors are pressuring bob iger to SELL the parks. Iger and tom staggs were spotted recently touring WDW with a saudi prince and a reliable insider is saying that they originally were planning to sell the parks in 2008 but they couldn't find any serious buyers when the stock market exploded.

QuoteIger has, as a matter of FACT, been in discussion with the Prince and Wall St. to sell off the parks or at least parts of them. I don't see how anyone never saw this comming. Eisner warned the Board before he left that Iger had no love for the parks. Even Roy did not accept Iger as CEO after SaveDisney but had to because he had been named successor. Iger does NOT CARE abiut AA Pirates or ghosts, flying elephants, subs, founatin shows, etc. The parks are just another portfolio asset to him. And one that loses money to him and Wall St.

ed-uk

Nice try.
Ed & David