Is there a "command center" at DLRP?

Started by perrollaz, January 02, 2013, 03:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

david

QuoteWhy are you asking such specific questions regarding the operations of DLRP? Anything the public needs to know is 1. already published online somewhere or 2. already published online somewhere. Disney has made their back of the house operations more public over the last 15 years. The type of specific questioning you are undertaking smells bad to me. This is a forum and nobody knows you from Adam, so you could be a terrorist and I don't want anybody's family put at risk because innocent posters here spill too many beans to help you.

Take your social engineering somewhere else.

LOL - and the award for 'oddest post ever' goes to....

WesternMouse

Quote from: "davidrsykes"
QuoteWhy are you asking such specific questions regarding the operations of DLRP? Anything the public needs to know is 1. already published online somewhere or 2. already published online somewhere. Disney has made their back of the house operations more public over the last 15 years. The type of specific questioning you are undertaking smells bad to me. This is a forum and nobody knows you from Adam, so you could be a terrorist and I don't want anybody's family put at risk because innocent posters here spill too many beans to help you.

LOL - and the award for 'oddest post ever' goes to....

This guy joined on the 24th. Not exactly an older poster. Yes, I registered just to point this out. No, it's not an odd post. There's a whole thread discussing security here. Just putting it all together...

If the guy's legit, then fine, then there's nothing to see here and my post can be disregarded.

MinnieDog

The reply below is correct the main hub and control being a large series of offices backstage. There are a few entrances but the one that most people miss is the green gate/door just to the right of the entrance to Walt Disney Studios. You need to be invited and show passport to get past the contol box. All buildings are named after a Character and needless to say the Big Man ie the CEO is in Mickey Building.

Josh

Quote from: "WesternMouse"This guy joined on the 24th. Not exactly an older poster. Yes, I registered just to point this out. No, it's not an odd post. There's a whole thread discussing security here. Just putting it all together...

If the guy's legit, then fine, then there's nothing to see here and my post can be disregarded.
A lot of fans are interested in knowing exactly what it's like backstage, just because of the secretive nature there is around it. It's not something the public needs to know, but so are a lot of other things that fans are interested in. It's just intriguing. It's quite a rude and extreme accusation to make publicly that anyone here could have criminal intent just because they're curious about what is backstage.
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

ford prefect

A few years ago Javey started this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6089&hilit=+Javey

In it he has identified the names and locations of the buildings backstage and others have contributed function.  

These functions maybe different now.
enjoy yourself, it\'s later than you think!

WesternMouse

Quote from: "Josh"
Quote from: "WesternMouse"This guy joined on the 24th. Not exactly an older poster. Yes, I registered just to point this out. No, it's not an odd post. There's a whole thread discussing security here. Just putting it all together...

A lot of fans are interested in knowing exactly what it's like backstage, just because of the secretive nature there is around it. It's not something the public needs to know, but so are a lot of other things that fans are interested in. It's just intriguing. It's quite a rude and extreme accusation to make publicly that anyone here could have criminal intent just because they're curious about what is backstage.

Okay, I'm game. I'll meet anyone on this board at DLRP on 21 Jan. Take your exact questions to security and ask them directly. I'm interested to hear their answer to you.

WesternMouse

For fun, I'll play along, too. Which building is the one where mgmt decides to ignore all the painting needs? Where is it decided that the bathrooms must remain filthy? Seriously, the bathrooms on the east arcade of Main St were some of the nastiest I've ever been in when I visited there 3 weeks ago. I still think DLP is the most beautiful park when compared to what's in the US.

penfold12

Quote from: "WesternMouse"Why are you asking such specific questions regarding the operations of DLRP? Anything the public needs to know is 1. already published online somewhere or 2. already published online somewhere. Disney has made their back of the house operations more public over the last 15 years. The type of specific questioning you are undertaking smells bad to me. This is a forum and nobody knows you from Adam, so you could be a terrorist and I don't want anybody's family put at risk because innocent posters here spill too many beans to help you.

Wow has someone been watching too much "24" or "Homeland"?! Can I just say, being a self certified disney geek, I find this thread really interesting, and only spoiled by your accusatory post which demands that the original poster refrain from asking questions and leave the forum.

Please dont speak on my behalf. Let the conversation continue.