Your favourite waiting-areas?

Started by Bettan, May 20, 2011, 02:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bettan

Here is my list:

1. Big Thunder Mountain (we always take the left side in the queing area, the que goes must faster there because most people choose the way to the right)
2. Pirates of the Caribbean (but it's a bit to dark in the beginning before your eyes get used to the dark), (the music is good too)
3. Star Tours (very much to see and well done waiting-area)
4. Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast (the inside waiting-area)
5. Autopia (you can look at the other driving the cars)

What's your favourites?

DopeyDad

mmm, my favorite might be the 'tick tock' and other noises etc while waiting for Animagique to start!

davewasbaloo

So hard to decide, especially as Paris has some of the best queues of the Disney empire.

I love waiting for Phantom Manor, the very cool garden, the wonderful views of Big Thunder Mountain, the stretching portrait chamber, the hall of changing pictures!  Love it.

Star Tours for a contender with all the awesome droids and Admiral Akbar!  Awesome.

Buzz in the briefing room is very cool (the rest of the queue, especially outside is poor though).

Pirates of the Caribbean - so well themed, the very best in the Disney empire.

Tower of Terror, especially once you are in the hotel lobby, then the library, and the boiler room. A real work of art, as Disney should be!
since 2001 (many before that)

Bettan

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"Tower of Terror, especially once you are in the hotel lobby, then the library, and the boiler room. A real work of art, as Disney should be!

I'm a bit chicken about Tower of Terror but I've seen pictures and it looks real fine and spoky inside. But I've been in the souvenirshop at least and bought a souvenir from the attraction.

CafeFantasia

Yeah, my two favourites are Pirates of the Caribbean and the Tower of Terror. They're really the best-themed queues at Disneyland Paris.

The queue for Star Tours also really transports you, surrounding you with the Star Wars world.

alternativerock123

Even thought I haven't been on all the rides yet, so far for me it's would have to be:
- Tower of Terror (mostly inside)
- The tea-cups coz I love the music.
- Snow white dark ride. I love spotting little hidden things in the design of the place.

and this might sound random but I loved the Peter pan que area, coz I got LOTS of neat pictures and even thought it is covered in graffiti, I loved to just shut my eyes and listen to the music. I love the music from the film so it made me feel like I was really heading to Neverland. XD

But yeah, I didn't go on that many rides before so my answer is limited.  :P
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

dagobert

My favorite waiting-areas are:

DLP:
Pirates of the Caribbean
Phantom Manor
Big Thunder Mountain

WDS:
Tower of Terror
Rock'n'Roller Coaster - I like how people get excited when they see the ride vehicles launching

Getyogrooveon

Without doubt Pirates of the Caribbean has the best queue at DLP, especially on cold winter's day when the warmth and the wonderful smell (now lost my sense of smell and I so miss that) hit you, I love the way after winding down the corridors it opens out in to the loading area which could so easily be a bayou in a tropical country at night.
I also love Big Thunder Mountain for the music and the detailed props, with glimpses of Phantom Manor and one of paddle steamers gliding past (although some what spoilt now with the Tower of Terror and RCRacer visible above the trees).
Another often overlooked queue area is for Indiana Jones (the queues are usually so small you race through it) especially the staircase with the serpent heads each side.
"Eveything is automatic - this is Disney" [CM on the rollercoaster simulator in the Studios - Nov 2004]

05.92 Newport Bay
09.01 Santa Fe
11.03 Cheyenne
11.05 Sequoia Lodge
11.06 Cheyenne
11.07 Cheyenne
12.08 Cheyenne
08.10 Saratoga Springs - Walt Disney World
11.10 Cheyenne

CafeFantasia

The queue for Big Thunder Mountain is nice when you go through it quickly. It's not so nice when you're trapped in the switchbacks, going back and forth in that bloody wooden shack for an hour, not knowing where the end is, at 10pm at night!

Festival Disney

Quote from: "Alan"The queue for Big Thunder Mountain is nice when you go through it quickly. It's not so nice when you're trapped in the switchbacks, going back and forth in that bloody wooden shack for an hour, not knowing where the end is, at 10pm at night!
Can I plus that with "when the temperature is hovering around freezing, it's snowing outside and as soon as you sit in your train, the attraction gets 101'ed..." ? That was the case in December when I went :P
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Josh

I can relate to that. We used to go every year for new year (I've only once ever been in the summer) and I used to hate waiting in any outdoor queue -- no matter how interesting it was -- because it was so cold! XD
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]