You know you're Disney obsessed when...

Started by tinker_fairy, May 24, 2011, 01:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HayHay

Quote from: "tinker_fairy"You know you're Disney obsessed when....

...Your family and work colleagues literally beg you to stop talking about Disney
 ... Nobody asks you what you want for your birthday or Christmas, they just buy you something Disney related and can't go wrong :)
... When you tell people you're going on holiday, they don't feel the need to ask where!!
...you check Disney websites at least once a day for updates, and can sit on a forum for hours reading posts!!

these are all true for me haha

...when ever I hear someones going to disney I tell them all the best spots to go
...when I see someone on facebook whos has posted photos of them in a disney park and have to look through them all and be jealous lol
...when I go shopping it is a MUST to go the disneystore even tho my mom works there and has already told me there is nothing new to look at
...when you listen to disney music all the time
...when you have more disney movies than 'normal' movies
...when you are known to be the 'disney freak' of the group of friends lol
...when people walk into your house and go 'so you like disney then?'
...whenever you see the disney castle, especially at the start of the movies with the new CGI opening, you go 'I wanna goooo!!!'

i could go on lol

minnieme

Quote from: "nicoledlrp"when the kids have to peel you off the tv screen then wipe your tears off it because an advert for disney comes on then
you know you are in trouble - especially if you have just come back and have already booked again to go  "home" !

when you actually feel guilty about enjoying another theme park, and smile gormlessly when you see someone else there wearing something with the disneyland paris logo on it. !!

when you spend precious brain power working out that if your oldest has your first grandchild at 27 then you have a good excuse for going to disney to celebrate its first birthday during the 30th anniversary !!!

I share this one about the advert - its like a torment. I stop whatever I'm doing and stare at the TV with my hand against my heart.

You know you're Disney obsessed when...

Your most watched dvd is the video you took of your DLRP trip 4 weeks ago.
You have had your boyfriend convert the above video to play on your mobile so you can carry it with you at all times.
You buy Disney DVD's and claim they are for the children....but then watch them while they are out!
You proudly tell everyone that the scaffolding is coming down from the castle,and update on the refurbishment, as if you are talking about your own house
Most of your son's upcoming birthday presents can be bought from the Disney Store.
You find 2 BTM fastpasses in your coat pocket yesterday, and squeal as if you have found gold, show everyone who will look and then protect them and guard them until you get home when you can safely transfer them to your "DLRP 2011" box which is still in the living room, as it is has only been a few weeks and its too soon to put it away!! - This is exactly what happened yesterday!
You could very easily get the word "Disney" into every conversation.

April 2011 & June 2012 Hotel New York
May 2013 Disneyland Hotel
Aug 2014 Disney Magic Med cruise
Aug 2014 Disneyland Hotel
May 2015 Disneyland Hotel

Lozzie

You spend most of your spare time making Disney costumes for conventions. Currently working on Esmeralda!
"Indian Chief Indian Chief, clap clap, peekaboo peekaboo, bleeeeeeeeehhhhh"- Had that in my head ever since i saw Following the Leader with Peter Pan!

nicoledlrp

you carry the room keycard you '''forgot''' to hand in at checkout in your purse at all times.
you still have a crisp bag from your first trip and even although one of the ketchup packets you brought home leaked on it you could never throw it away.
your husband has just had to floor an extra area of loft space because there is no more room for crates of maps, tickets, soaps ,napkins and of course crisp bags !
you indulge yourself on special occassions with the toiletries that you havent stored, then when you have used the last drop of bubble bath you sniff the bottle and wail, then check your bankstatement and the special offers page.

tinker_fairy

Davewasbaloo, I love how much thought went into your kids names!! That's really lovely :)

Ulak, I also agree about the whole money thing. Disney is an expensive place, obviously when you can go it's magical but it all comes from the heart!!

Great posts everyone :)
NEXT DISNEY TRIP BOOKED!!

July/August 2013 :D

Just back from the best holiday yet \":D\"

Vegitabeta

When you start seeing hidden Mickeys in everyday life.

...and most of the things that have already been mentioned.

Reiana

Great. Most of them work for me too.
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Best part was, the pets. When all your pet have Disney names.
First thought. No. Not our pets.
Looked at the cat. Baggi (formerly known as Baghira)
Then the gerbils from my daughter (Annie and June after the little Einsteins)
 :roll:  :shock:  :roll: :shock:   :roll:
At least our fish have no names.
 :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

littlemermaid83

When you will spend all day searching for custom made Disney costumes for your child.
When you can't go all day without bringing up something Disney related.
When you have to watch something Disney related everyday
When your ring tone is from a Disney theme park.
When most of your music collection is Disney music.
When you keep watching your Disney videos that you have uploaded to youtube just to relive and get your Disney fix.

The list could go on forever lol.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

andrewuk

You try to re-create adventureland in your garden
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

Alice@Wonderland

Quote from: "andrewuk"You try to re-create adventureland in your garden

omg! haha, don't give me ideas!!  8)

carrydee38

when you just arrive back from one trip and you book the next trip straight away

ed-uk

When you spend half the day on the Magic Forum discussing the magic.
Ed & David

andrewuk

Quote from: "Alice@Wonderland"
Quote from: "andrewuk"You try to re-create adventureland in your garden

omg! haha, don't give me ideas!!  8)

Sorry! But don't plant a load of bamboo without a vinyl root barrier around it or pretty soon you'll have angry neighbours. We moved house last year, we used to call our old patio the 'Blue Lagoon!' But this garden is a lot bigger, it doesn't resemble adventureland much (yet).
July 2003 My Travel Explorers
May 2004 Sequoia Lodge
July 2006 Patio St Antoine @Nation (RER commute to DLRP)
December 2007 Kyriad Val de France
August 2009 Hotel New York
May 2015 Hotel Cheyenne

disney-dan

...when you include hidden mickeys in your tattoos, and have a dedicated Walt tattoo featuring his portrait, the castle and one of his famous quotes.
Have a Magical day!!

DD

junglebaggie

I'm a Cub Scout leader and I'm named after Bagheera (from the Jungle Book) also Disney mad and used to be a cast member at the Disney Store in the UK!!  Still love Disney even though I'm now 57, I just got 'Tangled' on dvd and can't wait to see Johnny Depp in the latest Pirates movie (he's just soooooo gorgeous).  Sheila