20th Anniversary (1st April 2012 - March 2013)

Started by JelleP, May 09, 2011, 09:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dagobert

Quote from: "Lorum"I love it! At last! They did exactly what they had to do.

I don't know about you but I'm waiting expectantly for this anniversary to begin. I'm praying that everything turns out all right, because I don't want they to create ridiculous shows like the last one in Central Plaza or the misnamed "Fantasmic!" that Tokyo has recently opened.

Are you really putting Fantasmic at Tokyo DisneySea on the same level like the bad Central Plaza stage show?

alternativerock123

I think they are all right, but still, it does look a bit plain and just having "20" honestly doesn't tell people really what is "20" ... just the addition of a "th" after would help soon.

Plus Tinkerbell ruins it a bit, I do like her, but I just don't think it looks right.  :?
31st Aug - 1st Sept 2010 = Kyriad Torcy (First Time <3)
11th - 14th July 2011 = New York Hotel
2nd - 4th Aug 2011 = Kyriad Torcy
31st Oct 2011 = Day Trip
13th March 2012 (Disneyland Cal)
10th - 13th April 2012= Hotel L'Elysée
30th May - 1st June 2012 = Hotel L'Elysée
31st Oct - 1st Nov 2012 = Residence Prestige
18th - 20th July 2013 - Residence Prestige
9th -11th Nov 2013 = Hotel L'Elysée (First Christmas Trip!)
Coming soon:
29th April - 1st May = Hipark Serris.

Anthony

I was hoping the logo might veer away from the blue/gold that was so strong during the 15th. Never mind, it looks pretty enough. The fireworks and starry background are nice, and I particularly like the pixie dust trail which has a faint multi-coloured look similar to Tokyo's 25th anniversary stuff. Hopefully they run with that and less of the blue/gold.

Wouldn't it be cool if they came up with a line of retro merchandise like the recent Walt Disney World 40th, using the colours and styles of the 1992 branding? Or is it too soon to go retro on that? (Euro Souvenirland says not ;) )

Quote from: "JelleP"What do we actually already know about what's going to happen during 2012?
- Opening WoD Store in the Disney Village
- Jack Sparrow AA's in PotC
- Some kind of new evening/nighttime show incorporating fountains in the castle moat: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10945

You'd hope they'll have something for the Studios planned too, what with it being the park's 10th anniversary. Something more substantial than a cheesy photolocation.

littlemermaid83

I actually like them all.

Simple and elegant. Instead of the bold and brash.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

disneylandparisgirl

Hopefully they are releasing this early so it can be revised according to public opinion!

It's not too bad, it could of been worse!

I just hope that gold wand with a heart shape end which seems to be attached to the top of the castle is not a sign of things to come :?  :shock:
August 1997 offsite
August 1998 Cheyenne
May 1999 Disneyland hotel
July 2004 Cheyenne
August 2007 offsite
August 2010 Santa Fe
August 2011 Santa Fe
September 2015 Sequoia Lodge

DGRavenswood

Quote from: "pussinboots"Ah, I thought it looked familiar, and that was the one bit I kind of liked. The "15th" emblem was where the odd blue rooftop is, and that's why the artist failed to put in any detail in that particular area...

Exactly... Though it really looks worse when seen up close. Apart from that, I find it kind of jarring between all the flashy 3D imagery -- an edited photograph would have probably worked better in this case.
David G. Ravenswood
Host, Ravenswood Manor

Twitter | Facebook

"Without a doubt ... the most inclusive online experience of DLP Frontierland." –Jeff Burke

Lorum

Quote from: "dagobert"
Quote from: "Lorum"I love it! At last! They did exactly what they had to do.

I don't know about you but I'm waiting expectantly for this anniversary to begin. I'm praying that everything turns out all right, because I don't want they to create ridiculous shows like the last one in Central Plaza or the misnamed "Fantasmic!" that Tokyo has recently opened.

Are you really putting Fantasmic at Tokyo DisneySea on the same level like the bad Central Plaza stage show?

No, I can't. Well, on a bigger scale, it's the same botched job.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Scissorsboi

I kinda see what you mean about Tokyo Fantasmic, it's a perfectly good show if you take the Fantasmic tag off of it, with the addition of the name it links it too much to the more heavily 'stage' based shows, which this one just isn't. It's a great spectacle, but should have been branded as something totally new to make it stand out!

As for the logo, it's fine by me, nice and simple to get the point across, I like the coloured 'ribbon' around it, it'd be nice if that was somehow linked to the year. I can give or take Tink, she feels like an addition for the sake of a character being there. Would much rather have her on a logo, than at the top of the Castle though!

Let's just hope that the rest of the year turns out so 'understated' as this!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Lorum

Exactly.

dagobert

Okay, now I get what you mean. Sorry.

They should have given the show a new name. I think that the Tokyo version is a lot better than the shows found in the US parks. I've only seen the one in DHS and I really enjoyed it a lot. That's what DLRP also needs.

Lorum

DLRP needs new nighttime entertainment. Something huge, spectacular. We need the money, we need the lake, we must really want to work.

Sometimes I think that DLRP has something that doesn't want it to improve, to grow up, to satisfy Disney fans as other parks do (almost once a year). It is not only for the money, there's something we missed here.

Anyway, this discussion is off-topic. Sorry.

Please, excuse my English. :)

Josh

Quote from: "Scissorsboi"As for the logo, it's fine by me, nice and simple to get the point across, I like the coloured 'ribbon' around it, it'd be nice if that was somehow linked to the year. I can give or take Tink, she feels like an addition for the sake of a character being there. Would much rather have her on a logo, than at the top of the Castle though!
I disagree with that. She's who you'll always see before the start of a new Disney presentation. Using her here just links with that tradition. :)

Quote from: "Lorum"Please, excuse my English. :)
Actually, your English is very good. :)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]

Scissorsboi

She is, but I don't think she belongs on logos, her character never looks 'right' in the parks. Be it a face character, statue or in imagery. I say give her a year off and let Jiminy* be our guide for the 20th..

*because then he can bring back Wishes!
"...keep moving forward, opening up new doors and doing new things" - Walt.

Lorum

We want Magical! at DLRP for 2012. Not the low-cost version, or a reduced show, no. The complete show.

giorgio1712

Does anyone have any idea if they will have the logos illuminated on the lamp posts going up main street like they did for the 15th, I thought they looked amazing at night!