POLL: What are your expectations from Bob Iger?

Started by Kristof, September 24, 2013, 12:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What are your expectations from Bob Iger tonight?

He will announce new attractions and a refurbishment programme for DLP.
4 (14.3%)
He will announce a buy out of Euro Disney SCA by  The Walt Disney Company.
5 (17.9%)
He will diss the petition and confirm his believe in the Euro Disney SCA management.
15 (53.6%)
Other (define below)
4 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Kristof

Bob Iger will address the Save Disneyland Paris petition tonight. What are you expectations?

DLRP Roundup!

I think he will recognise the level of investment in the parks. I think he'll discus the future a bit more and re-assure that there is a master plan.

There has been a good deal of work going on from InsideDLP's pictures, I think silently we shall see an increase in maintenance too.

I disagree it's falling apart compared to the American parks, it gets hit by a completely different weather storm and is in a worse financial position. However looking often at American park forums, they too discus disrepair and on occasion compare to Paris as a utopia.

I think show wise there are some points, as a day show would be a definite addition and feel's missing.

However they could pretty much pacify me with just an electric parade. :P
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

DedicatedToDLP(Steve)

A combination of 1 and 3.

He'll obviously talk about Ratatouille. He'll talk of the ongoing maintenance programme with a special focus on hotels.

With regards to attractions he'll name check TOT, Crush's Coaster, Cars, Toy Story Playland, Meet Mickey, Princess Pavillion and the aforementioned Ratatouille.

Ge'll talk of the 20th Anniversary and how attendances were good, and the ground breaking Dreams! show. He'll talk of how Dreams! has been modified once and will also again for Christmas. He could also talk of the 2 Cavalcades for upcoming new entertainment.

There's also the new menus that were alluded to on Twitter a few days ago.

To be honest, he has enough ammunition to refute every part of the petition, and  very much doubt the interviewer will have anywhere enough knowledge to really drill him.
Dedicated to DLP - Celebrating Disneyland Paris

Hotel Santa Fe 07/05, 11/11 and 05/12
Hotel Cheyenne 07/02, 11/02, 07/04, 12/05, 07/06, 10/06, 10/07 and 09/10
Sequoia Lodge 12/03 - Honeymoon Suite
Hotel New York 11/12
Off Site 05/13

orangarnold

I'd say a mix of one and three too, I think he will stress that the park is in constant use and things are being repaired etc every day it's just everything can't be done at once.

If a buy out is announced I will be very surprised

GeoffD

Here's the thing, it's an American interview. Americans are not likely to have as deep an interest in Disneyland Paris as their Disney Parks.
To quote Disneyland Paris's own facebook page, this is what Bob Iger is likely to say

QuoteAs you've seen today, The Walt Disney Company and Disneyland Paris are continuously working to create new and exciting experiences for our guests. The surprises that we presented today, along with several ongoing initiatives (such as the reimagined rooms at our Hotels and new menus in our restaurants), represent an unprecedented investment for our company. As Europe's #1 tourist destination, we are focused on delivering dreams and magical memories to all of you. Your support means a lot to us, as evidenced by the recent World Travel Award that acknowledged Disneyland Paris as the best European theme park.

I'm not expecting any major information to come, however an acknowledgement that The Walt Disney Company have read the concerns and are 'looking into them' would be ideal. Often we are the 'forgotten park', and to be on their radar is something positive.

ed-uk

I shall be pleased to see the return of the shows in the future if possible, the theatres are a waste of space if they can't be used. On Fantillusion, I don't know what happened to the floats but it's a shame the parade was cut, it's parades and shows like the Lion King and Tarzan that help separate DLP from their rivals. Having said all of that Disney Dreams is a World class show and the new Ratatouille ride in the Studios, Remy's Crazy Adventure, looks very impressive.
So we'll have to wait and see what Bob Iger says. He'll probably repeat Disney's commitment to DLP, assuming that is the question is put to him.
I didn't support the petiton because i thought it was just more bad publicity for DLP, but there were a few good points in it.
Ed & David

GeoffD

Well, the interview happened and Bob Iger didn't even mention Disneyland Paris.

Wishful thinking huh?

disney-dan

Who actually said he would be addressing it? Would have been nice to hear what he had to say but I can't see it would have been anything other than "we have faith in the management". I actually think TWDC couldn't care less about DLP, its the annoying cousin to Disneyland, WDW and the Asian parks that seems to be shrouded in perpetual doom mongering.
Have a Magical day!!

DD

ed-uk

Quote from: disney-dan on September 25, 2013, 01:27:23 PM
Who actually said he would be addressing it? Would have been nice to hear what he had to say but I can't see it would have been anything other than "we have faith in the management". I actually think TWDC couldn't care less about DLP, its the annoying cousin to Disneyland, WDW and the Asian parks that seems to be shrouded in perpetual doom mongering.

It was an article in Orlando Sentinel in America, they said Bob Iger would be addressing it but the article was wrong. Not for the first time has a publication in America got it wrong concerning DLP. I'm reminded of the infamous buy out story in Time Financial by TWDC of Euro Disney.
I can't agree with you that TWDC couldn't care less about DLP, i don't see the evidence for that, just look at Ratatouille, Remy's crazy Adventure in the WDS it looks fantastic. But as i said in another thread i believe the company already has a business plan and strategy for DLP and i don't think they will change direction at the moment. They invest for the long term.
Ed & David