Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CafeFantasia

That isn't actually a new image (the one with the 3 princesses). It originates from the World of Color, at Disneyland in California. If you go to Disneyland's website, you'll see it at the top of the page:

http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneys ... /overview/

Donald-Duck-Malta

First Official images of Disney Dreams! :thumbs:

Source: DLRPEXPRESS

JelleP

That looks awesome!
I really like the fact the it is Peter Pan's show and not some 'New Genteration'-character's...
[size=120]"Most men, they\'ll tell you a story straight through. It won\'t be complicated, but it won\'t be interesting either."[/size]

[size=120]jellep.nl - twitter - youtube[/size]

Lorum

This is the most wonderful project since the Tower of Terror, and the most Disney-style nighttime show in Disneyland Paris' history.

Can anyone confirm that no Disneyland Paris Entertainment department is involved in the show designing? This is really an important fact.

And now, there are many questions..

Will Disney record a whole new soundtrack at Abbey Road Studios for 'Dreams', as with many other Disney nighttime spectacular (World of Color, Tokyo DisneySea Fantasmic)? Or will they make a cheap mix from other famous Disney shows and classics?

Where are they going to place the fountains' platforms?

What kind of fountains are they going to use? Laminar flow jets with LED ligths? What is the highest height? Will they use the same hydraulics and control technology of World of Color?

What type of fireworks will we see?

And what about live characters? In which language will be the characters' voices recorded? French? English? Both? A mix of the most important European languages? If they are going to do this, please, call the native Disney voices from every country for the dialogue.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

dagobert

Quote from: "Lorum"Can anyone confirm that no Disneyland Paris Entertainment department is involved in the show designing? This is really an important fact.

Steve Davison from WDI in Glendale is responsible for the show. He already created Fantasmic and World of Colour. That's why I'm really looking forward to this project.

littlemermaid83

I will be gutted if its all in French if I'm honest.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

Columbiad

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I will be gutted if its all in French if I'm honest.

I'm sure that if its WDI organising it, then it won't be. They are usually the best in remembering the bi-lingual aspect of the parks, and making sure the story is more visual than speech-based.

But those visuals are exciting! Is that a brand new image of the castle swell?! ;) Its always good to see those - the same image of the castle is tossed around and manipulated too much nowadays.

Robert97

Quote from: "Donald-Duck-Malta"First Official images of Disney Dreams! :thumbs:

Source: DLRPEXPRESS

Looking at the castle photo it looks like the fountains will go high, but it might just be that way in the photo. I also spot fire will be interesting to see what they do with it.

15MagicalYears

I am really interested in how they're going to pull this off, since there is very little water around the castle.

peter

I like the fact that the only pixar character is remy. It builds hopes for a announcement on ratatouille coming soon

Kristof

Quote from: "littlemermaid83"I will be gutted if its all in French if I'm honest.

The dialogue will be minimal and only the main characters will speak bilingual English & French. The show will rely almost entirely on music, all newly composed!

Quote from: "Peter"I like the fact that the only pixar character is remy. It builds hopes for a announcement on ratatouille coming soon

I'm pretty sure that's not related in any way.

Quote from: "Lorum "Can anyone confirm that no Disneyland Paris Entertainment department is involved in the show designing? This is really an important fact.

It's entirely designed by WDI and WDE in Glendale.

Lorum

Then I'm sure this is going to be the greatest Disney show production in DLP.

Cendrillon

I don't think I've been this excited about a project at DLP in a very long time!

Lorum

More questions..

Will imagineers include the 20th Anniversary theme song into the soundtrack?

What about the duration of the show? Remember! In DLP, nighttime shows are normally 6-9 minutes long.

Make your bets!

Josh

I'm guessing it'll be 15 minutes. Not as long as WoC and Fantasmic, but not as short as an ordinary show. ;)
Disneyland Paris
    [li]January 2000, 2012[/li]
    [li]April 2012[/li]
    [li]August 2009, 2011, 2013[/li]
    [li]New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07[/li]
Walt Disney World
    [li]August 2008[/li]