Disney Dreams! — Nighttime Spectacular

Started by Festival Disney, April 14, 2011, 01:54:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyMcTeer

Hey! I've just returned from DLRP and have now seen dreams 6 times!  :thumbs: Just wondering if anybody else has noticed a green and red laser randomly dotting around the castle before the show starts at random intervals about an hour before the show starts until the beginning. After much disscusion amongst our group and observation we can't work out if it's the dreams lasers from the rooftops of Mainstreet or someone with a laser pen! We couldn't see any laser light coming from the mainstreet rooftops when this was occuring (not to mension it looks unprofessional and bad!) which is making us think it's not Disney but they are rather bright lasers and have been there all 6 times which all point to the possiblity of it being part of the show/testing procedure. Can anybody shed a light onto this mystery?! In anticipation here's a pretty cool picture we took of the projection beams and laser beams during the post-show animation!

http://instagram.com/p/cjfv2eJHFQ/

DLRP Roundup!

I wondered the same, but its definitely not every night. On my last trip, I watched the show four times, and it only occurred on the one night.
The Roundup
News | Forum | Gallery | Waits | Crowd Forecasts

Festival Disney

It's kids with laser pens. You can buy them cheap from those gypo's outside the train station :P
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Aveen2008

Dedicated to DLP website says that Dreams will go on nightly until September 2014......and will not end at the end of this coming september, is that true? I am going in November after a veryyyyyy long 5 years since my last DLP trip and would love to see it.
Luv Aveen xoxo

lindavdende

Wow what a beautiful song after Dreams. Havent seen Dreams yet (will in exactly 3 weeks), but this song is pure Disney. I love it!

Alexz

Quote from: "Aveen2008"Dedicated to DLP website says that Dreams will go on nightly until September 2014......and will not end at the end of this coming september, is that true? I am going in November after a veryyyyyy long 5 years since my last DLP trip and would love to see it.
Yes, it seems so  :thumbs:
My previous Disney trips:
Tokyo Disneyland: March 1998
Walt Disney World: March 2008 /*\ New Years 2011 /*\ April 2013 /*\ October 2015
Disneyland Paris: September 2013 /*\ July 2015
Disneyland California: August 2016 (Honeymoon)

Upcoming trips:
Disneyland Paris: Spring 2020?
Walt Disney World: 2021 or 2022
Hong Kong Disneyland: -
Shanghai Disneyland: -

Mileto

Hello everybody!

We are so excited - tomorrow is the start of our journey to DLP.

I wanted to ask you for some clever idea about chosing a place to stay and watch the show. Where is the better place, how early do we have to be there before the start?

Thank you in advance!  :D

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

Mileto

Hello everybody!

Our magical journey is about to begin. Tomorrow we are heading to DLP for third time.

I wanted to ask you about the Show - where do you think is the best place to watch the show? How early should we be there to reserve places? These kind of advises would be very helpful.

Thank you in advance!  :D

08.1993 - DL Tokyo; 05.2010 - DLP; 11.2010 - DLP; 09.2013 - DLP; 09.2014 - DLP; 11.2015 - DLP
It's a small world after all

aircanman

Quote from: "AndyMcTeer"Hey! I've just returned from DLRP and have now seen dreams 6 times!  :thumbs: Just wondering if anybody else has noticed a green and red laser randomly dotting around the castle before the show starts at random intervals about an hour before the show starts until the beginning. After much disscusion amongst our group and observation we can't work out if it's the dreams lasers from the rooftops of Mainstreet or someone with a laser pen! We couldn't see any laser light coming from the mainstreet rooftops when this was occuring (not to mension it looks unprofessional and bad!) which is making us think it's not Disney but they are rather bright lasers and have been there all 6 times which all point to the possiblity of it being part of the show/testing procedure. Can anybody shed a light onto this mystery?! In anticipation here's a pretty cool picture we took of the projection beams and laser beams during the post-show animation!

http://instagram.com/p/cjfv2eJHFQ/

There are some very small sensors on the castle in different places, this could easily be a system calibration that they are using to make sure everything is spot on, or a light sensitivity meter to ensure the laser is not to dark or bright for the weather.

There are three in this picture, little round silver things which look like small lights.

Festival Disney

Pretty sure they're the LED lights used on the castle for many years, even before dreams (but they were just strobes back then)
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Lorum

The results of the 1-year-and-a-half Disney Dreams! on the Castle.

And the grey pyro covers.

Pictures: InsideDLP.
"If you can dream it, you can do it"

Thrills

I read that dreams will be on every evening till September 2014, does this mean that on our visit between the 8th and 12th of October we have the chance to watch it? I was under the impression they would be busy setting up the Christmas version thus not showing it between September and December this year.

Festival Disney

Yup, it'll be playing nightly until the Christmas season starts in November.
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

Thrills

Quote from: Festival Disney on September 27, 2013, 01:28:33 PM
Yup, it'll be playing nightly until the Christmas season starts in November.

Thanks! Glad to hear that, was afraid they might only put it on Saturdays for example, which would've meant chosing between leaving on time or staying till late and have a very exhausting car ride home :)

Donald-Duck-Malta

Hey guys!

Just saw somewhere that Disney Dreams will be on every night for another year until september 2014....anyone got a confirmation of this news pls?  :D  Hope its true! As Ill be at DLRP from the 30th(thurs) of Jan until the 2nd(Sun) of Feb, so it would be awsome to see it every night! :)