Strawjaw's 2nd DLP Trip! Completed

Started by strawjaw, March 21, 2011, 01:46:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strawjaw

OK Folks, with just 7 days to go until we head for the land of Disney, I realised I cannot contain my excitement any longer,  so have decided to write my Pre trip report.  :D

I, (Strawjaw aka Sarah – 31), will be travelling with my (nearly 3 year old) daughter, Zoë.
We will be arriving at Hotel Santa Fe on Sunday 27th March, for 4 nights.
We are flying over with Flybe, from Manchester, to the concrete nightmare that is CDG,  8-[ before catching the VEA shuttle to our hotel. YAY!!!  :thumbs:

The plan: To fit as much in as we possibly can – including all the things we enjoyed on our last trip.. (Dumbo, teacups, BTM – height permitting, Animagique, Café Mickey, parades, character  express, and shopping.), and all the things we wanted to see/do/go on last year, but missed, due to  Zoë's  teeth problems..  :(  (Playhouse Disney LIVE!,  Stitch, Flying carpets, Buzz, Captain EO, the whole of Adventureland, and Frontierland - inc Woody's Roundup, Phantom Manor,  Peter Pan, the Carousel, Snow White and the 7 dwarves, Pinocchio, It's a small world, the Princess for a day package,  [-o<  tea at Inventions, Character Tea Party at Cowboy cookout, Birthday Cake at Café Mickey, Panoramagique, possibly Casey Junior, Le pays de contes,  [-o<  and erm, even more shopping!)

And to see things that weren't there when we went last year... Such as the Toy Story playland, the new Wall-E and Eve statues, and anything from the new festival that may be making an early appearance.  :D

Got the last of my money to change over on Saturday, just before I go, and my packing to complete, and we're all set!! Disneyland here we come!!!!  :D/  
 :stitch_bounce:  :cheshire_bounce:  :nemo:
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]
January 2006 - WDW - Grosvenor Resort, Honeymoon, 14 nights.
March 2010- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 3 nights
March 2011 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 4 nights
December 2013 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, 5 nights

traveller

I am sure that everyone of us can understand your excitement :D
Hope that you manage to ride all you have missed at your last trip and enjoy once more the other attractions.
Have a nice trip and wonderful-wonderful time.
Looking forward your trip report. ;)
Previous Visits:
March 1990 Disneyland Anaheim (one day visit)
May 1995 Disneyland Paris (one day visit)
June 2007 Hotel Cheyenne
August 2008 Sequoia Lodge
December 2009 Hotel New York
December 2010 Newport Bay Club

davewasbaloo

I hope you have a great time. Just to manage your expectations, Pinocchio I believe is scheduled for closure. Also, unless your daughter is increadibly tall for her age, I doubt she will be able to get on Big Thunder - my daughter was 4 before she was tall enough.
since 2001 (many before that)

DutchBrit

The height restriction on BTM is 102cm. We know, as my small-for-his-age 4 year old couldn't do it in November and has been promised a return trip when he gets to the magic number!

strawjaw

Quote from: "davewasbaloo"I hope you have a great time. Just to manage your expectations, Pinocchio I believe is scheduled for closure. Also, unless your daughter is increadibly tall for her age, I doubt she will be able to get on Big Thunder - my daughter was 4 before she was tall enough.

She is quite tall for her age, I measured her a couple of months ago, and she was 98cm, without her shoes on, so I'll have to check her height against their height thing and see, she'd love it though, so I hope she'll be able to ride.

I'll measure her again later. She's in size 3-4 pants, but just growing out of 3-4 tops, so is now in 4-5 for them.  :shock:

Ahhhh, I'm not fussed about not riding Pinocchio, as I believe the queues are terrible anyway, and I'm not sure how she'll like the dark, so I can test her on Snow White first. I hadn't seen that closure, last time I looked, it wasn't listed. I'm gutted I won't be able to take her on Pirates though, as that has been listed as being closed for a while, and we missed out on that last time too.

I'm sure we'll have a wonderful time, thanks all.  :D
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]

MrsPirate

I'm excited for you, have a fantastic time.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

strawjaw

Quote from: "MrsPirate"I'm excited for you, have a fantastic time.

Aww, thank you.  :thumbs:

I measured my daughter before, and she's 101.5cm. Do you reckon they'll be a stickler over that half a centimetre??
Or should I put a hat/taller shoes on her???  :lol:
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]

strawjaw

Quote from: "traveller"I am sure that everyone of us can understand your excitement :D
Hope that you manage to ride all you have missed at your last trip and enjoy once more the other attractions.
Have a nice trip and wonderful-wonderful time.
Looking forward your trip report. ;)

Thanks Traveller, I only hope my Trip report is as good as the others I read on here, I've been enjoying reading them all.  :D
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]

kelly.dylan

Have a lovely time, can't wait to read your report when you are back x
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

strawjaw

Quote from: "kelly.dylan"Have a lovely time, can't wait to read your report when you are back x

Thanks Kelly, hope my report can live up to yours.  :D
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]

mdw

cant wait to read your trip report! our daughter will be nearly 2 when we go in june so it will be interesting to see how you get on. Hope you have a good time!!!

x

Freddiesdad

Have a great time, hope all your wishes come true and that your daughter has a wonderful time
Just like we dreamed it

strawjaw

Thanks for the lovely comments - 3 more sleeps to go.... Oh WOW!! I have a feeling I won't be sleeping much over the next 3 nights, ha ha.   :lol:
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]

Samninetysix

A wedge of folded toilet paper in the heels of her shoes will help, I remember doing this for my daughter when she was desperate to ride Indy - adds that extra ½-1cm instantly :)

strawjaw

Quote from: "Samninetysix"A wedge of folded toilet paper in the heels of her shoes will help, I remember doing this for my daughter when she was desperate to ride Indy - adds that extra ½-1cm instantly :)

Oooooh, I'll try that one!! Ha ha. Thanks.  :thumbs:
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]