Photos Magiques news report: 12-13 March 2011

Started by Kristof, March 15, 2011, 12:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

Get ready for a big photo update on what's new at Disneyland Paris.

Disneyland Park

Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant refurbishment

Plenty of pictures of the progress. Notice the main tower has repainted patches and some of the rock work on the side have received a new layover of paint.

Disney & Co

One part of the The Disney & Co toy store has reopened with fresh wallpaper and a new flooring.  Another part of the store is now boarded off.  

Fantasyland repaving

The area near the Annual Pass Office has been unveiled.  And the Royal Castle Stage benches are returning.

Good Morning, Disney New Generation

This cavalcade, replacing the All Star Express while it's being prepped for the Magical Moments Festival, brought some rare characters into the park.

Big Thunder Mountain

A strange bird cage was located on the rocks of Big Thunder Mountain was pretty much insight of the guests.  A pidgeon-like bird was inside, appearing to sit on a nest of eggs.

Molly Brown

The completely rebuild Molly Brown is coming closer to its re-inauguration next week.  

Pirates of the Caribbean

The attraction, Blue Lagoon Restaurant and Le Coffre du Capitaine shop are closed while the ride is under refurbishment until early April.

Walt Disney Studios Park

RC Racer

The photo location next to RC Racer hasn't been replaced yet, but on the bright side, the giant lever and the side of the loading building is working again.

Ratatouille

A look over the construction fences...

Disney Village

Earl of Sandwich

Progress at the Earl of Sandwich construction site.

World of Disney

Walls going up!

Disney Hotels

The Newport Bay Club lighthouse is literally falling apart.

And to conclude, a reminder spring has definitely arrived in the resort.

Festival Disney

So many good things going on and then we see that lighthouse... depressing! :P Castle looks good, but why did they take the benches away and now they've retunred some of them... weird stuff.
With the Good Morning show, what music was used? was it the one they had for Good Morning Main Street back in 2009?
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

dagobert

Thanks for the update.

It's really a shame how the Lighthouse looks like. Maybe it will be removed and completly rebuilt. I can imagine that the management would be happy when some extras, like the lighthouse, would disappear, because that would mean less refurbishments.

I think the new color of the rocks at the castle looks weired. It's a bit too much grey. Did the roocks look like that in 1992?
What happened to the window in the highest tower? It seems there is missing something. Does someone know if the roof will also be repainted, some spires really need a repaint.

The new floor looks great, hopefully the area around the castle stage will also be repaved soon.

davewasbaloo

Thanks for the update, the new flooring looks like it is coming along very nicely. I will reserve judgement on the castle until it is finished. Rock work and aging is done in layers, so I am hoping it is too soon to judge. Interesting to see rare characters out, that is a nice touch for regulars to the resort.

The lighthouse however seems to be joining the pirate ship as an embarrassment, how sad.

Thankfully the Molly Brown and Earl of Sandwich are looking fantastic.
since 2001 (many before that)

Kristof

Quote from: "Festival Disney"With the Good Morning show, what music was used? was it the one they had for Good Morning Main Street back in 2009?

It was indeed the old Good Morning Main Street loop.

Quote from: "Dagobert"I can imagine that the management would be happy when some extras, like the lighthouse, would disappear, because that would mean less refurbishments.

Well, if that would be true, they would have to tear down half of DLP to reduce cost on refurbs.  ;)  I'm sure it'll be refurbished soon.  The budget for the hotels and the parks is different.  But still, it's not at an excuse, it should be fixed asap.

Quote from: "Dagobert"I think the new color of the rocks at the castle looks weired. It's a bit too much grey.

The faux-aging still has to be applied.

Quote from: "Dagobert"Does someone know if the roof will also be repainted, some spires really need a repaint.

Yes, from top to bottom.

dagobert

Thanks for the answers, Kristof!
I didn't think about the aging, but in my opinion it wouldn't have been necessary to repaint the rocks.

Since you didn't mention the pirate ship, I think refurbishment still hasn't started.

Did something happen to Molly Brown, or is it just a regular refurb?

Anthony

Wow, look at Molly Brown!! So much nicer with those red accents.

Quote from: "Kristof"The photo location next to RC Racer hasn't been replaced yet, but on the bright side, the giant lever and the side of the loading building is working again.
Ah, so it did break. I knew that effect would turn out like the Columbiad!

That rock where the random bird cage is - was that repainted with the rest of BTM a few years ago? Because it looks awful already. I don't think the Rainbow Arch was ever repainted, was it?

Kristof

Quote from: "Anthony"Wow, look at Molly Brown!! So much nicer with those red accents.

Ah, so it did break. I knew that effect would turn out like the Columbiad!

That rock where the random bird cage is - was that repainted with the rest of BTM a few years ago? Because it looks awful already. I don't think the Rainbow Arch was ever repainted, was it?

Yeah, the lever was broken for over a month or more.

The entire mountain was repainted in 2006, except Rainbow Arch.  That was done a few years before BTM.  However, a new BTM repaint is supposed to happen this year.  ;)

norhel

Just wondering, these persons on the following pictures, doe's the characters have a name? Can't seem to remember to have seen they before. They on the third picture seems familiar, but I can't place they.

4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California

15MagicalYears

Thanks for the update Kristof!

Quote from: "norhel"Just wondering, these persons on the following pictures, doe's the characters have a name? Can't seem to remember to have seen they before. They on the third picture seems familiar, but I can't place they.  

That's Esmerelda & Clopin from The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Drizella & Anastasia Tremaine, the two ugly step sisters of Cinderella.

norhel

Quote from: "15MagicalYears"
Quote from: "norhel"Just wondering, these persons on the following pictures, doe's the characters have a name? Can't seem to remember to have seen they before. They on the third picture seems familiar, but I can't place they.  

That's Esmerelda & Clopin from The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Drizella & Anastasia Tremaine, the two ugly step sisters of Cinderella.

Thanx! I thought they seemed familiar.
4 trips to DLP, 3 to WDW, 1 to Disneyland California