Photos Magiques news report: 19-20 February 2011

Started by Kristof, February 22, 2011, 08:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kristof

A look at what's changed and what's new at Disneyland Paris!

Disneyland Park

Le Château de la Belle au Bois Dormant refurbishment

Scaffolding is going up.

Parade route re-paving

The Royal Castle Stage seats have been removed for the re-paving project in Fantasyland.

Fantasia Gelati refurbishment

It appears the Fantasia Gelati façade is getting some well deserved attention.

Rapunzel's Tower

I haven't had the chance to admire the new Rapunzel Tower in Le Pays de Contes de Fées, so here are a few pictures.

Alice's Curious Labyrinth

The current photo location next to the Labyrinth will have a few props added for the Disney Magical Moments Festival.

Other refurbishments

The Disneyana sign has returned after a good clean up.

Smoke effects up and running at Big Thunder Mountain

Boot Hill Grave

The Boot Hill grave with the saloon doors has been rebuild, but strangely without the painted words on it.

Marvel merchandise

All Marvel merchandise is currently on sale.

Walt Disney Studios Park

Addition of turnstiles

The turnstiles on the right have been revealed, the ones that were added a few years back are back closed in by construction fences.

Toy Story Playland

Over in Toy Story Playland has a Hotwheels logo been added to the RC Racer attraction.

Also at RC Racer has the photo location completely been removed.

Over at Toy Soldiers Parachute Drop has the entire green floor covered with safety flooring.

Bureau Passeport Annuel

The High School Musical room in Disney Blockbuster Café has been transformed into a Bureau Passeport Annuel.

Disney Village

World of Disney Boutique

No visible changes over at the Word of Disney construction site.

Earl of Sandwich construction

A look at the construction of Disney Village's latest restaurant.

dagobert

Kristof, thanks for the update. I'm so happy that Fantasia Gelatti gets a refurbishment, too. The building looks so ugly at the moment.

The castle is in a terrible state, especially on the right side, the refurbishment is really needed.

The new Fantasyland floor looks great. Well done Disney. I think Disney realized that the stones will last longer.

Do you have any informations on the castle stage, since a lot of speculation is going on at the moment?
And do you know if the refurbishment of the pirate ship already started?

The new safety floor at the Parachute Tower looks bad, although they printed the stars on it. I don't get it why WDI didn't think of slippery weather in the first place. I mean this wasn't the first year with snow.

CafeFantasia

"The new safety floor at the Parachute Tower looks bad, although they printed the stars on it."

I don't think they did print the stars on it. I think that it's just that you can see through the black safety flooring, when looking straight down on it.

What's up with the flat base of Rapunzel's tower on the Le Pays de Contes de Fées? It looks really badly integrated into the landscaping, as if they bought a plastic model from a shop and just put it down on the existing rockwork.

loladelorean

Interesting addition of the Annual Passport Bureau in place of HSM Cafe! Will that be permanent?
It looks as if a decent amount of time and effort is being invested in sprucing up Fantasyland which is great, here's hoping for more attractive castle covering soon though.
Disney Visits
Oct 94 Cheyenne - Oct 00 WDW - April 03 WDW - Sept 06 DLP Day Trip - Sept 09 HNY - Nov 10 HNY - June 11 Sequoia Lodge- June 12 Sequoia Lodge - Sept 12 Cheyenne- Nov 12 Radisson - June 13 Dream Castle - Nov 14 HNY -
Feb 15 Dream Castle - Sept 15 Tokyo Disney Resort, Sheraton - Oct 15 DLP Day trip - Feb 16 Cheyenne - March 17 Newport Bay - Jan 18 Sequoia Lodge, Aug 18 daytrip

Upcoming: DLH Nov 18 - Hong Kong Disneyland, Explorers Lodge, March 19

pussinboots

The Rapunzel tower is indeed very badly integrated into the surroundings. The rockwork doesn't match in color, either. Hopefully they have realized this and will correct it in a later stage.

The Studios' new Bureau Passeport Annuel doesn't quite reach the level of er, charm of its sibling. But perhaps shorter lines will make up for it. It's very much needed, though. The Disneyland Park Bureau is hopelessly overcrowded.  Three weeks ago I had to stand in line for one-and-a-half hours, outside!

mattboywonder

Glad they have added another Annual Passport outlet and that they changed the flooring on Parchute Drop - I nearly came a cropper on that flooring myself once!
Disneyland - 1991, 1995, 2001, 2002, 2009, 2010, 2012
Walt Disney World - 1998, 2000, 2010, 2011, 2012
Tokyo Disneyland - 2008, 2011, 2012
Disneyland Paris - 1997, 2002, 2007, 2008, 2009 (March, May, Halloween & Dec), 2010 (Feb, July, Oct & Dec), 2011 (April, July & September), 2012 (March, April & July & New Years Eve) 2013 March
Hong Kong Disneyland - 2007, 2008

Aurora

I have to ask :oops: ... Does it mean having a AP beaureau in Blockbuster, that the HSM part as restaurant is gone?Or is it just a section of it?
Aurora
( :( my daughter would be diappointe, when we go in october.)

Soap

Thanks for the update Kristof!  :thumbs:
Strange they didn't put the letters back on the Boot Hill door  :(
"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them." Walt Disney

littlemermaid83

Omg how dirty does the castle look, so glad to its finally being refurbished.

Thankyou for the update.
Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love you, tomorrow,... You're always a day closer to my next Disney trip!

disney-dan

Though it's handy to have an extra Passport location I see it as a bad move in terms of dining options. When I was there in December both the HSM and PotC sides of Blockbuster were always full to bursting. By ding away with the HSM side they have effectively halved the seating capacity. Seems a bit odd to me?
Have a Magical day!!

DD

Aveen2008

Thanks for the updates, seems like a lot of construction work is going on, which is great to see as it's much needed, although I'm sure people who are there during this time do not think so lol :P .
I really hate seeing Marvel stuff in Disneyland or Disney stores etc, it just ruins the fact that when you are in disneyland, everything is Disney! I know Disney own Marvel but it will never be Disney in my opinion :roll: . Disney own lots of things and have involvement in many things e.g. all the buena vista stuff...but we dont want to see Desperate housewives merchandise all over a disneyland park!! lol

Seems like they have no idea what to do with the backlot building although an annual passport bureau probably makes more sense as it never seemed very busy as a restraunt appart from high season months for Disneyland. Is the pirates part of therestraunt still there? If so it must be very weird, as it having HSM outfits in an annual passort bureau lol.

Earl of Sandwich looks like it's going to be really big!

:)
Luv Aveen xoxo

tubbsy

I LOVE these updates Kristof-I show them to my DH and even he gets enthusiastic! :lol:
Great to see the castle having its refurb.
Must agree about Rapunzel-I hope they do something to blend it into the rocks around it

Sam
October 2001-Santa Fe
June 2002-New York
August 2006-Sequoia
October 2007-Sequoia
August 2010- Newport Bay Admiral Floor
August 2013- Newport Bay Admirals Floor
August 2014 - WDW! Art of Animation Resort
August 2017- Newport Bay Compass Club