Haribosmum trip Feb 6th -9th 2011

Started by haribosmum, February 13, 2011, 12:28:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haribosmum

Hello

Well this time last week I was on the Eurostar to Disney, so thought I'd start a quick trip report.

We left Sunday morning at 7.15am to drive to Ebbsfleet, got there in an hour and parked right next to the station.  Not travelled from Ebbsfleet before, but was really impressed and would book from there again.

We were a little bit early for checkin so went to sit down further in the station.  One of the Eurostar employees came and found us to give my daughter a childrens activity pack.  

All smooth on the Eurostar, we had got a table for the journey, plus had booked a seat for my daughter even though she's 3 so could of travelled for free (but on our laps).

Arrived at Marne La Valle and as not using Disney Express service walked our suitcases around to the Disneyland Hotel.  We had to put the cases through the Xray on entering the Disney premises.  

I didn't think the entrance to Disneyland Hotel was very clear (the main entrance is the car park side) but we headed to the right and spotted it.  Was 3rd in line to check in, where daughter was given a balloon to play with and I completed registration details.  Eeyore was in reception which was lovely :-)

Our room was ready for us, which was great so could go straight to it.  Was given our Fastpasses and Early Magic Hours explained.  I hadn't realised we didn't need to book a breakfast time for the Pink Hotel, that was nice.

By the time we finished checking in, there was quite a queue so would definitely recommend being quick over to the hotel from Eurostar.

Our room was in the East Wing one floor up from reception and overlooking the entrance gates (the ones you use for EMH).

I'll pop some photos in later, but the room was lovely.  2 double beds (ended up with husband having his own and me/daughter sharing).  The beds were a bit high for a toddler, but I moved the bench from the bottom of the bed to the side so if she did roll she'd land on that first!

We changed, unpacked a little bit then headed to the Village for food.....
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

haribosmum

We were going to go to Annettes diner for lunch, but seemed to be a very long queue so headed for the Rainforest cafe.

Were seated straight away which was a bonus.  We ate a Biggie Burger, Rainforest Burger and the kids menu burger plus a side of garlic bread.  These 3 along with 2 very big soft drinks (plus the kids drink which was included) came to 66Euros.  Was nice food though and plenty big enough for us.  

We then strolled back to the park, it was the only day it would be open late (till 8pm) so we wasn't in too much of a hurry (was a little before 3pm by now).

Asked Haribo what ride she wanted to go on first and she asked for Small World so headed there.  Was fairly busy in the park but as expected for a weekend.  Small world had waiting time of 20mins (though was a little bit longer) and all four queues were open.

After this we had a nose around Fantasyland and looked in a few shops and headed to Buzz Lightyear ride just after 4pm so could use our fast pass.  The normal queue was 55mins, we still took maybe 20minutes.

Haribo loved this ride, she was in charge of turning my car around and giggled her way through it while also managing to hit some targets!

We headed off to find somewhere to watch the 5pm parade.  We were stood near the information board (inbetween Main Street and Central Plaza) on the Discoveryland side.  I knew the parade was a shorter version, but it was still lovely for us and watching my 3yr old wave and shout to the characters was brilliant.

We went for another walk around and stood near Central plaza for the 17.50 Disney Showtime Spectacular.  I really really enjoyed this especially seeing Boo, I'd not seen her in the park before.

By now it was starting to get dark, we headed into Fantasyland and went straight onto the Pinochio ride (which seemed to be moving though really quickly, didn't get the chance to see everything), I felt the same on Snow White, it was just too fast especially when trying to explain the story.

We then headed for Pirates.  My daughter was a bit aprehensive for some reason but that soon went.  She kept telling me "the pirates aren't real mummy, so it's ok".

By now it was very dark.  I'll add some great photos of Fantasyland and the castle at night.  We headed for Dumbo - a 10minute wait.  Then straight onto the carousel.

We stopped in the cookie shop for a mickey mouse smartie biscuit (1.95 euros for 2)  and a couple of bottle of drink to take back to room (2.50 euros each).  The rest of the holiday we bought supplies in the station, but we just didn't have the energy to walk past our room to go get them that night.

Will follow up the rest of the trip and add photos soon.  Off to see Tangled at the cinema now!
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

haribosmum

Day 2

We awoke to Mickey Mouse phoning my daughter to tell her it was time to get up :-)

Went down for breakfast in the Disneyland Hotel, I was really impressed and loved bacon, pancakes and maple syrup!!!

Wandered over to Studios and arrived just before opening at 10 but was able to go straight through to Cars.  My daughter giggled the whole way round this ride!

Wandered around the corner to Toy Story Playland and hopped straight onto Slinky - another hit with my 3 year old!!!  We had hoped to take her on the parachute drop but she said it was too scary (think it was just too high for her) and I didn't want to force her on.  so I went to RC Racer.  Queue time was about 10mins, but as I walked up the queue the CM asked me if I was a single rider and guided me past the queue to the single rider gate.  A couple of kids climbed under the rails and stood behind me too.  I got on the next ride and loved it!!! It felt a bit like the old pirate ships that swung, wasn't too scary but just right for me.

Then headed for the Flying Carpet ride, again no queue.  Then onto 11.00 showing of Anamagique, which I've never seen before in my last 3 trips.  I wasn't sure what to expect, but I have to say I really enjoyed it. I've got "la la la la anamagique" going round my head just thinking about it.  My daughter loved it too and asked if we could see it again later :-)

It was coming up to 11.45 now and we headed to Moteurs....Action!  Was pretty chilly but grabbed the blanket out the pushchair and snuggled up.  Was fairly busy in there, the rest of the park must of been quite empty!  

Enjoyed the show, am sure it was the shortened version still but was enough action for us.  My daughter did get concerned over the motorcyclist who catches fire, but we assured her he was ok.

From here we went to Blockbuster Cafe for lunch (along with most of the audience).  Minnie mouse was dressed up in her High School Musical Cheerleader outfit!  there wasn't much space in the HSM side so we headed into the Pirate themed area.  I went to buy 2 of the adult set meals (drink, crisps and main of pizza/sandwich etc) and a kids meal for my daughter.  Not sure what happened as the server couldn't get the meal deals to work and we ended up only paying 18euros (and got a free drink voucher).  We had the bruschetta which was actually really nice.  We knew we didn't need a big meal as off to Inventions for dinner.

We then headed for another go on Flying Carpets and over to first visit to Stitch.  Wasn't sure if my daughter would like this but we all found it funny and was warm in there which was a bonus.

Went for yet another ride on Cars and then found a spot to watch the parade.  I hadn't realised that there was a show with the parade so we weren't really in the best position to see everything, but was in a good position for the characters to come over.  Didn't have an autograph book at this point but the characters came to see Haribo which was lovely. We did have to fight off some children who were almost sitting on my daughter in her pushchair to get their books signed (along with the mother blowing cigarette smoke in my daughters face!!)   Think the highlight was Snow White talking to my daughter, being her first princess interaction she really was in awe :-)

After the parade we headed over to Disneyland Park and went on Buzz.  Realised we had left our hotel fast passes in the room but there was no queue anyway.  Then off to Small World "with the dolls" as my daughter described it then straight onto Dumbo.  

Another trip to Pirates then a leisurely wander to  Fronteirland.  Big Thunder Mountain had a 40min queue, would of used the hotel fast pass if we had them, but didn't want to wait that long.  Plus got my daughter measured and she wasn't quite big enough to go on.  By now it was coming up to closing, so at 5.50 we hopped on Phantom Manor then headed back to the hotel for our 6.30 reservation in Inventions.

We stopped at the hotel shop to buy an autograph book (which is helpful as I can now tell you who joined us for dinner!)
Tigger, Geppetto, Mickey Mouse, Eeyoore (I drew around his hand as he couldn't sign) and Minnie Mouse.

The food was nice, I think you'd get more money's worth if you eat prawns/shell fish etc as a lot of the starters were that kind of thing.  I had plenty to eat and there was still Kid options available (nuggets, fish fingers etc) but I wasn't as impressed as I'd hoped to be.  Though I would still go there again as the character interaction was good.
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

disneyloverjessie

really enjoying your trip report so far:)
\'when you wish upon a star, makes no difference who you are, anything your heart desires will come to you\' - Pinocchio

\'A dream is a wish your heart makes\' - Cinderella<3

Hotel New York = 10 times
Sequoia Lodge = 1 time

[size=150]Disneyland Paris<3[/size]

MrsPirate

Great trip report. Looking forward to the next part.

Off Site June 1992
Santa Fe, July 2009
Cheyenne, June 2010
Newport Bay Club Admirals Floor, July 2011
Sequoia Lodge, Christmas November 2011
Sequoia Lodge, June 2012
Hotel New York, Christmas November 2012
Hotel New York, Halloween 2013
Disneyland Hotel, Christmas 2014 and Christmas 2015
Newport Bay Club Compass Club, Christmas 2016 and Christmas 2018

haribosmum

Day 3 (Tuesday)

Love not having to wake up for a specific time for breakfast.  We were quite early today and down for breakfast a little before 8am.  Breakfast for me again was pancakes and bacon :-)  love the bottles of water to take to the table as well, had been feeling quite dehydrated!

Headed to Disneyland park about 8.45 and entered in Extra Magic Hours. Headed to Buzz, daughter decided she'd drive Daddy this time.  I got my best score ever 300,000+ so Level 5.  Did help that the ride stopped for a bit and I was in front of a target I got 1,000 for each shot :-)  Came off and joined the queue again (well not a queue just a walk through to the ride).  

Headed over to small world, only one of the queues open but not very busy so we didn't have to get off the boat and got to go round a second time.  My daughter made me laugh as everytime we went past the Canadian hockey players she'd say "that girl must get really dizzy", became a running joke!  The CMs at small world were lovely, told Haribo she could stay on all day by herself - she wasn't so sure about that!!

Went for a walk around the Labyrinth but cut out before getting to the castle as didn't fancy carrying a 3 yr old up the steps.  Straight onto the Tea cups (love that there were no queues) and then over to Snow White.  

Headed to Big Thunder Mountain and I got a fast pass for an hours time so we headed to Fronteirland station and took the train around the park.  Headed back for my ride on BTM.  I'd forgotten how much I love that ride, but was glad that I hadn't taken daughter on it, is more extreme than i thought (but in a good way).  

Went for a play on the slides near the priate boat then went on Pirates of the Carribean, straight onto the ride with my daughter telling the CMs that Pirates Stink!!  

We were still a bit early for our 2.30 sitting at Auberge so headed for another ride on Buzz!!!  Then back for lunch.

I was really pleased we booked to see the princesses.  We entered and met Cinderella, my daughter wasn't keen on having her photo taken though - which meant we didn't buy the Grumpy princess photo at the end of the meal :-)  

We were seated in the room with the fireplace where the dancing takes place.  Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip came over to see us and chatted for a while.  When Sleeping Beauty asked my daughter her name, Prince Philip answered this is Princess Harriet.  He must of heard me earlier, but my daughter was very very impressed with him!

For our meal we had the cocktails, then starters.  My daughter's was cherry tomato and mozarella ball skewers, gaspacho soup (which was bright yellow with froth on it) which looked much nicer than it tasted and tuna mayo with breadsticks.  she only ate the tomato!  Ours was smoked salmon, proscuito ham and something else that I can't remember now!!

For main my daughter had the steak/burger and I had the veal which was very good.  The puddings are definitely the best part of the meal, the childrens is white chocolate slipper, white chocolate lollipop, candy floss, chocolate brownie and a sorbet cone.  We had rose wine and sparkling water to accompany our meal.  Think the cost was 52.90 euros per adult and about 24 for child.

Came out the meal about 4pm and headed to the studios.  Another go at Anamagique, 3 rides on slinky (not having to get off in between as not busy) and one more go on cars.

Walked to the village and had a nose around the shops, at this point daughter decided she was hungry, though not sure if that was before she saw the golden arches of MacDonalds!!!! So went from our most expensive meal to our cheapest meal.  It looked really busy in MacDonalds but were getting through the queues quickly.  My order was taken in the line then I went to the cash desk to pay.  We sat in the undercover outside part with our coats on :-)

Back to Disneyland Hotel for our last night in the room.  We watched some telly, I love that the Disney channels come with the different language options now.

We were all fast asleep by 9pm :-)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

haribosmum

Ok, so our last day :-(  

Packed most of our stuff away then headed down for breakfast.  This was the first morning I was offered hot chocolate, didn't realise it was available before!  We said goodbye to the bedroom then took luggage downstairs to the luggage room and headed to the Studios.

I wanted to try to do Crush as hadn't managed it yet due to long queues.  I left hubby and daughter to stroll through and ran to join the queue at Crush.  The ride started and it was about a 20minute wait, I picked up a baby switch ticket as well.  Came out and couldn't find my family (or the pushchair) so stood and watched the drop at Crush for a bit till hubby/daughter arrived back from the toilets!!!

We wandered over to Rock n roller coaster, hubby went on first and me/daughter walked through to the shop to wait for him (about 10mins). We then baby switched, but this wasn't as good as previously.  I had to walk all the way back round the front again and join the fast pass line.  Last time we walked through from exit to entrance and straight onto ride.  They were sending cars around empty so not sure what was happening and it took about 20mins for me to get on the ride.  Plus the music kept cutting out on the way round, but still a great coaster.

Headed for another viewing of Stitch, slightly different to the previous one.  I don't know how many versions they have!

Went over to Disneyland Park and straight to Small World, then tea cups again.  Then to the Winter Wonderland Show as was the only day it was on for our stay.  I'd seen this 10 years ago, and enjoyed it lots.  But it was freezing by then!!!!

Thought we'd try and get a decent meal as would be travelling in the evening.  Went to Plaza Gardens, which was fine and we had lots to eat but wasn't overly impressed.  but we sat down in the warm and filled our tums so can't complain too much :-)

We'd picked up a fast pass before lunch for Buzz and headed over to it (was in the blackout time to use the hotel fastpass)

Then thought we'd head back to the studios to see the parade.....but I'd got the time completely wrong and was an hour late!!! Instead we did the Art of Animation, which I probably wouldn't bother with again.  We came out and I found the baby switch ticket for Crush in my pocket.  Husband didn't want to go on it so I had a sneaky 2nd ride :-)

One last Cars ride then back to the Disneyland Park (lots of walking today!!) and we sat on a bench near City Hall and waited for the parade.  Loved seeing the princesses again and really enjoyed the parade!

Was still a bit early to check in for train home, asked daughter what she wanted to go on as her last Disneyland Paris ride and she answered Pirates, so that's where we went!!!!

On our way back my heart melted as my 3yr old said "mummy, can we come back to Disneyland Paris soon and can we stay in the pink hotel and can we have lunch with the princesses".....well how can I refuse that :-)
Santa 11/00
Newport Bay 10/03
Sequoia 3/09
Disneyland 2/11
Disneyland 5/12
New York 2/13
New York 2/14
Disneyland 2/16
Sequoia Lodge GF 8/17
New York ESC 2/18
Newport Bay CC 4/19
Disneyland 2/20

kelly.dylan

Ah what a lovely trip report! Glad your daughter enjoyed it so much xx
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

strawjaw

Sounds like you had a great time. Its a great report.
I'm going at the end of March with my little girl who will be a week off her 3rd Birthday.
We took her last March too, and even though she loved it at the time, has no recollection, so I'm hoping this trip will be more memorable for her. And we've got an extra day this time too. =)
Strawjaw

Previous Visits]
January 2006 - WDW - Grosvenor Resort, Honeymoon, 14 nights.
March 2010- Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 3 nights
March 2011 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Santa Fe, 4 nights
December 2013 - Disneyland Paris, Hotel Cheyenne, 5 nights

Aurora

Great trip report, looking forward to the pictures!
I remember our daughter telling us 2 years ago how much she liked it. We were on our way home, walking out he studios, and she got all quiet and bended her head. So I asked her what it was. She looked at me, tears in her eyes and said, can we stay any longer?'? That almost braught tears in my eyes, to be honest, it did...We told her we`ll go back again, wich we did and do, this october( she dosn`t know yet..)
Aurora