stacey-claires trip 19th-23rd december, day 1 added

Started by stacey-claire, November 11, 2010, 05:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stacey-claire

So i know its a bit far away still but couldnt resist starting my pre-trip report, im so excited, cant believe its almost here, after booking it way back on 1st june.

So just a bit of info, the people going are:
Myself (stacey):21
My other half (johnny):25
The little brother (kieran):9
And for the first time ever one of our very close friends (james):23

We will be starting our trip by getting the a coach on the 19th from Leeds at 12:30 and arriving in London at 16:50, and spending a night in the fairway hotel, which is like opposite st.pancras :D, so we will be ready for the eurostar nice and early.

So on monday 20th we will be travelling on the eurostar at 9:53am, so should arrive at disneyland at about 13:30 i think.

We are staying at the cheyenne for 3 nights and 4 days, so should be fun seeing all the christmas stuff, and obvisouly seeing our friends reaction to disneyland for the first time.

Cant wait to see TSPL mainly for my little brother who loves toy story, but also as we went in march and saw it being built.

Just waiting for the tickets to come now and cant wait to start packing, ive made my brother a suprise bag full of toy story stuff, so need to wrap all that up for him, ready for him to open everything in London.

Its gonna be a fab trip, and will let you guys know everything that happens up to the trip and do a trip report when i get back xx :belle:
To see fairies, you have to belive in fairies

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010
Next trip- July 2012 (wish we could go sooner)

kelly.dylan

We are going the same time as you :D Just wanted to check you know the train time has changed and it will leave at 9.44am rather than 9.53 ;) xx
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

stacey-claire

Thanks, guessing it will tell us on our tickets but always good to know before hand so i can plan lol, dont suppose you know what time check in opens for eurostar never got it before xx :belle:

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010

kelly.dylan

We always get there around 8.30 and can check in straight away :D If you have got your tickets already there is no real check in as such.  You just put your ticket in the machine which lets you through, then you go through bag check, show your passport and your done :D Usually only takes 5 mins to get through x
September 2007-Cheyenne
March 2009-Santa Fe
January 2010-Cheyenne
October 2010-Hotel New York
December 2010-Cheyenne
February 2011-Disneyland Hotel
October 2011-Newport Bay
December 2011-Santa Fe
August 2012-Offsite
October 2012-Explorers Hotel
December 2012-Sequoia Lodge
May 2013-Kyriad
October 2013-Kyriad
December 2013-Dream Castle
October 2014-WDW Saratoga Springs[/color]

jrnaylor93

i'll be there at the same time too!

Festival Disney

My date's crossover too! we should do a mini forum meetup lol :P
Past trips:
Nov 1997 - SF - 3 days
May 2003 - WDW
Aug 2009 - Off site - 4 days
Jul 2010 -  Disneyland Park - 1 day
Dec 2010, Jul 2011  - Ibis Val d'Europe - 6 days, 4 days
Apr 2012 - HNY - 4 days
Dec 2013  - NPBC - 4 days
Jul 2013 - SL - 5 day

MissDisney

we leave a couple of days before u guys but might see you all around as were there till sunday!! Im nervous gettin eurostar as ive never done it that way before but all the more fun i say! new experience!
All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them" Walt D

"Noooooo touchy"

Hotel Cheyanne 2007
Hotel Santa Fe 2008 2009 and 2010
Experienced Halloween, MNSSHP, Christmas and Summer!

stacey-claire

Hey all, just a quick update rang the travel agents and the tickets came today, hopefully going to get them tomorrow, but we shall see, wrapped everything up for my brothers suprise bag and we are almost there with the spending money, so all going good, cannot believe that its almost, im so giddy, still dont think it has sunk in that im going back, we booked it so long ago, but im really really really excited :D/, hope your all ok xx :belle:

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010

stacey-claire

So went and got the tickets today, couldnt wait till monday lol, just a quick question, it says on my letter dont forget to get your tickets stamped, take it this is something they do at the train station, never been by eurostar so just wanna make sure everything is ok xx :belle:

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010

stacey-claire

Hey all, so we are back had an amazing time, had a few problems with transport will explain in the full report, but over all it was awesome, we even got real snow on the last day, which made it feel even more magical, and i finally got to meet belle so yay  :D/, full report and photos to come soon xx :belle:

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010

stacey-claire

Hey all

Day 1

So we travelled down to london the day before, so woke up nice and early on the 20th ready for the eurostar, had a nice breakfast in the hotel, nothing special, just wanted to get it done and head off for the train, at this point we were unaware of the chaos just across the road.

Having walked over to st.pancras we were told to go and wait at the back of a huge que, i have never seen anything like this, whilst stood in this que a man in a eurostar jacket asked us if we were travelling to disneyland and told us to go inside the building and we would be told what to do in there, so we followed his instructions, once inside we were then told to go back and wait in the que we had just been in, so we didnt seem to be getting anywhere, we decided that the other half would wait with my brother and me and my friend would go and find out what to do, we asked around 5 people what to do and finally got an answer from a very helpful man, once we had got my brother and other half back, he put all the disney passengers to one side, once he had got everyone together we got put straight through check in and through passport control, so at least we were checked in, was just a case of waiting.

The departure lounge was packed, at one point they announced they had shut check in, because the departure lounge was full, thank goodness we were already there.

It was just a case of waiting now, the board just said delayed, so we just sat there and waited, and my brother decided he wanted to be a photographer for a bit lol.

At around quarter to 12, we heard the announcement the train for disney was ready to board  :D/ , so we made our way up to the train found our seats and we were on our way.
Ive never been on the eurostar and once on it found it quite nice, there were speed restrictions in place so we were going quite slow, but least we were on our way.

My johnny (bf) and james (friend) decided to take a walk to the food car when we were in the tunnel, it took them about half an hour to come back, due to the amount of passengers on the train, alot of people were stood up for the journey, so gald we had our seats.
So finally at 6:30pm (5 hours late) we arrived at the magic, we gave our disney express a miss and just took our luggage straight to the hotel with us, the cheyenne.

Check was fine no problems and we were in the jesse james building, quite close to everything really. We went to our room got freshened up and headed to the village, we had wanted some time in the park but by now it was half 7 and we had cafe mickey reservations for half 8, so thought we best leave it for today.

So we had a nice stroll around the viallage and had a look in a few of the shops, and took some pics.

It was then time for cafe mickey, we were seated in like the conservatory bit, we decided to get a few pizzas and share them, didnt take any photos im afraid, but they were scrummy, would defo recommend them, and for dessert i had the chocolate fondant  :D , the older boys had creme brulee and my brother had baloos chocolate tutti frutti looked very nice and they all said they tasted nice, here are a few of the pics i took.

So after a lovely meal we decided to head back to the hotel, taking a few pics along the way.

We all got settled ready for our 7am breakfast and first day in the park  :D/  xx :belle:

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010

DLP-Photos.com

Great start!

Sounds like you went through quite a travel day - much like myself. Getting to the magic has never been better than after such a day, right? :D

Looking forward to reading more and oh, the chocolate tutti frutti is extremely delicious!  :lol:
/Nicolai

Please visit my DLP website: www.dlp-photos.com

[size=150]Trip report from August 2014[/size]

stacey-claire

I know, when we got there it was relief and so much excitement, i was just so happy we got there, i was dreading the train been cancelled, so when we got there i was like a 5 year old again lol.

And the tutti frutti, im not a fan of fruit but tried the sauce it was lovely, my little brother loved it xx :belle:

Santa Fe- March 2010
Cheyenne- December 2010

GaryL

wow what a start to your holiday.